Tuesday, May 4, 2010

October 2009: The "Start"

Back in October of 2009, I got a shock. I found out that my job was not as secure as I had assumed. There was a chance that I would have to be let go at the end of the year. This was, to say the least, a very scary idea. So I started to pray. I prayed that God would take care of things.

Now, anyone who knows me well knows that I struggle with trusting others: one of those side effects of being a child of divorce I'm afraid. So, of course, when a person is struggling to trust God, what does He do? Put you in a situation where you have no other choice BUT to follow Him. And that's where I found myself last October- I had no other option except to trust that God had everything under His control because I quickly came to the realization that I was in control of nothing when it came to my future.

Scary, but a lesson I needed to learn. And learn it I have since that scary day in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment